Protecting your private information is our priority. This Statement of Privacy applies to Kipulab, Inc. (“Arrivedo,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). Arrivedo is a travel service that helps travelers find top hotels with neighborhood experiences (as defined in Terms and Conditions – https://arrivedo.com/terms). By using the Services (as defined below), you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
The provision of personal information is contractually required based on your use of the Services. If you do not wish to provide the personal information, you may not use our Services.
Last updated: September 30, 2018
1. COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In order to register as an Arrivedo’s user, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook or Twitter login; or with a standard sign in process. If you sign with Facebook account information you authorize us to use (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook) your Facebook ID, first name, last name, birthday, gender, email, hometown, city where you live in and your picture profile. If you sign with Twitter account information you authorize us to use (consistent with your privacy settings in Twitter) your Twitter ID, first name, last name, birthday, email, and your picture profile. If you sign with our internal sign-in process you will provide us with your name, last name, email, picture, personal bio, and any other information you voluntarily submit through any form on the Service.
- You will also be asked to allow Arrivedo to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Services. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. You may also provide us photos, personal description of yourself, information about your current trip, interests, nationality, hometown, gender, preferences for recommendations, such as search distance, age range, nationalities searched and gender. If you write and Article you provide us the Content of your Article, if you comment on the Neighborhood Guides you provide us with the Content of your Comment, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
- Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Arrivedo. This information can include: your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address. This information is used for the operation of the Service, to maintain quality of the Service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Arrivedo website.
- If you write an Article to the community, we collect your Article rich text, links, snippets, images and other media provided; and your name and byline will be available to Arrivedo’s community. All other users will be able to see your Articles together with your name, username, and biographical information.
- If you comment in an Article to the community, we collect your Comment as rich text and links to places. Also, your name, photo and time of your comment will be available to Arrivedo’s community. All other users will be able to see your Comment together with your name, username, and biographical information described above.
- The Service may allow registered account holders to “heart” some Articles and Comments. The number of hearts the community has given to any given Article or Snippets are shown in the Application to other users.
- We reserve the right to monitor Articles and Hearts to improve our services and prevent illegal activity.
- Most browsers and devices automatically accept cookies. If you wish, you can usually change your browser or device settings to stop automatically accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting Cookies. Doing this may significantly reduce your ability to use the Services.
- Arrivedo is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Arrivedo website. Arrivedo encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites of our third party APIs, affiliates, and incorporated software owners (collectively, “Third Party Providers”). The following is a list of our Third Party Providers and the websites where their privacy policies may be viewed:
- Algolia - https://www.algolia.com/policies/privacy
- Expedia - https://www.expedia.com/p/info-other/privacy-policy.htm
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Filestack - https://www.filestack.com/privacy
- Google Analytics - https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Hotjar - https://www.hotjar.com/privacy
- Lookback.io - https://lookback.io/privacy/
- Mail Parser - https://mailparser.io/legal/privacy
- Mailchimp - https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Mapbox - https://www.mapbox.com/privacy/
- PersistIQ - https://www.persistiq.com/privacy
- Quickbooks - https://quickbooks.intuit.com/global/privacy/
- SalesFlare - https://salesflare.com/privacy.html
- Survey Monkey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy/
- TrustYou - https://www.trustyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2017-01-19-TY-Privacy-Policy.pdf
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Wego - https://www.wego.com/pages/privacy
- Zapier - https://zapier.com/privacy/
2. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Arrivedo collects and uses your personal information to:
- enable you to access and use our Services, and to manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- marketing campaigns (though you may opt out of any of these at any time);
- use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Arrivedo and its affiliates;
- perform website or mobile application analytics;
- updating our travel writer and hotel communities (you opt-in by using our Services)
- contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered (from us or other third parties);
- track the websites and pages our users visit within Arrivedo, in order to improve our services. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Arrivedo to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area;
- display as validation side by side by the Articles and Comments you might have created;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms and Conditions; and
- perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Arrivedo may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party. Arrivedo may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Arrivedo, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Arrivedo does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
3. STORAGE OF DATA TO IMPROVE YOUR EXPERIENCE
The Arrivedo Service may store data related to your usage to personalize your experience in our Website.'
One of the primary purposes of storing data about your previous usage is to provide a convenience feature to save you time as it will tell our Application that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Arrivedo pages or register with the Arrivedo site or services, Arrivedo will recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information and preferences. When you return to Arrivedo Services, the information you previously provided can be retrieved so that you can easily use the Arrivedo features that you have customized.
As part of Arrivedo Services, we help hotels deliver a better customer experience to hotel guests. To this end, hotels creates content on Arrivedo, and then hotels might decide to deliver this content to guest during or around the guest stay (pre arrival, check-in or check-out). Hotels typically send this email as part of their personalized service to guests, and not as a marketing tool. If the hotel decides to distribute emails to guests, each hotel is responsible for incorporating their required consents, disclosure or permission to let users opt-out of that email communication.
In order to deliver this service, hotels rely on Arrivedo. Hotels share the data with Arrivedo via our accounts in MailParser and Mailchimp. Although hotels share data with us, Arrivedo never access that information, we only provide the technical service to allow hotels to automatize personalize and valuable recommendations (emails) to guests. We try to retained this user data the shortest amount possible. As part of Arrivedo Mailing Services users information is first registered on the booking moment or during the check-in. Then, we automatically delete users information via MailParser or Mailchimp after 10 days of guests check-out.
The other types of personal information that we process shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for the relevant purpose. We will retain your personal information for a minimum period of one day following receipt and for a maximum period of the time long enough to maintain your account or user preferences unless your account is deleted or you request that delete your user preferences. We may also retain your personal information when such retention is necessary for compliance with any legal requirement.
4. WHEN ARRIVEDO DISCLOSES OR SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TO WHOMInformation shared with other Arrivedo users:
- Parts of your public profile page (which contain your personal information) may be displayed in other parts of the Services to other users as reference to your authorship of “Articles” or Comments. We indicate who has written every article, and your name, profile picture and short biography as well as basic links (Facebook and Twitter accounts as well as your preferred website) will be displayed to other users. Also we indicate who has written every comment, and your name, profile picture and time when the comment was written will be displayed to other users.
- We may share information, including personal information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Service functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Arrivedo will disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us; (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Arrivedo; (c) when we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; (d) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; and (e) to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements or policies.
- We may use and share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Service and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non- personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes. For example, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie (or similar data storing mechanism for mobile and web applications) on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. The cookies (or similar data storing mechanism for web and mobile applications) may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (such as your email address), that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Services because such information may be required in order for you to register as a user or enable our map feature which is at the core of our product.
Our Services may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device or web application.Automated Decision-Making and Profiling:
- We use automated decision making and user profiling in order to help match users with content that we think they would enjoy. Our primary goal is to ensure that users find the Services to be helpful, accurate, and interesting. Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), you may disable profiling. Please contact us through any of the means described in Section 10 if you wish to request that we terminate automated decision-making and profiling. Please note that that disabling this may limit your ability to use the Services.
- We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal information against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your personal information that we store. You agree that any personally identifiable information shared with Arrivedo is shared solely at your own risk.
- Users should take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
- We provide areas on our Service where you can post your Articles and Comments. Such postings are governed by our Terms and Conditions.
- Please keep in mind that if you directly and voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Arrivedo’s publicly-viewable message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. For example, if you post an Article with your email address or any other personal information, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your Articles or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
- Arrivedo secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides you with a number of rights. The below is a summary of your principal rights:
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to have us update or correct your personal information upon request.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to receive your personal information and the right to transmit it to the others as you desire.
- Right to Erasure. You have the right to have your personal information deleted and removed from the Services.
- Right of Access. You have the right to be informed of, and have access to, your personal information upon request.
- Right to Restrict: You have the right to restrict us from processing your personal information upon request.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to us processing your personal information.
- Right not to be Subject to Automated Decision Making or Profiling: You have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling. You may contact us at any time to request that we stop this.
- The Right to File a Complaint: You may file a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority. A list of data protection authorities is available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
6. CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN
Arrivedo does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. Please contact us if you believe we may have received personally identifiable information about a child younger than 13. We will investigate and delete any such information.
7. OPT-OUT & UNSUBSCRIBE
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Arrivedo by contacting us here:
8. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
9. THIRD PARTY LINKS
10. DATA CONTROLLER CONTACT INFORMATION
- Arrivedo Privacy Department
- 440 N. Wolfe Rd.
- Sunnyvale, California 94085
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 650-303-9157